Our textbooks are available as inspection copies to teaching staff.
To request an inspection copy, visit the book's webpage, click on the 'Inspection Copy' tab and fill out the form. You will need to be signed into your account to request an inspection copy.
Your request will be reviewed within two working days, and usually sooner. If approved, we will unlock an ebook version of the textbook in your My Account area for you to read and download. So the longest you'll have to wait between request and delivery is 48 hours.
Two weeks after your request has been approved, we will send you a textbook questionnaire. Completing this will help us to make sure we have enough books for students to buy in the new term, and can help us to improve our textbooks in future.
If you prefer to request inspection copies by email, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The book details
- Your name and institutional address
- The course name, level, start date and number of students
Why ebook inspection copies?
- It's faster – from request to reading in 48 hours or quicker
- It's better for the environment – ebooks don't require packaging or transport to get them to you
- It keeps costs down – posting fewer printed inspection copies means that we can keep the price lower for your students
Can I request a print book?
If you adopt a textbook as a main course text, we will happily send you a paperback desk copy.
If you have a strong preference for a print inspection copies, email your request to email@example.com and we'll do what we can.
Requesting other books as inspection copies
Only textbooks have inspection copy request forms on this website. If you see a paperback that is not listed as available on inspection that you might like to use as a main course text, email firstname.lastname@example.org and, if your request is approved, we'll supply you with an ebook inspection copy.
Hardback books are not available as inspection copies. If you would like to use a hardback for your research or as supplementary course reading, we suggest that you ask your library to purchase a copy.
- Only teaching staff may request inspection copies
- Up to three inspection copies will be sent per person per year
- Inspection copies are sent at the discretion of Edinburgh University Press
- Paperback inspection copies will only be sent to institutional addresses
- Textbook questionnaires: before approving new requests, we might ask you to complete a textbook questionnaire for previous inspection copies that you've received